Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Pretty Dandy’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 15 Bingham Road, Nottingham NG5 2EP. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Pretty Dandy and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Pretty Dandy. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Pretty Dandy takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Pretty Dandy - © Pretty Dandy, 2011. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents, including images & descriptions, in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
For press enquiries, please contact us at email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms of sale carefully.
- a) read these standard terms of business before placing an order;
- b) retain a copy for your records; and
Pretty Dandy sells vintage, handmade and new design home accessories. These items are sourced from a range of individual crafters, artists, designers, fair-trade companies etc. Please note that we cannot guarantee that colours in the website are fully equivalent to the items’ actual colours. This depends partly on the colour settings of your computer and monitor. Please also be aware that because some items are handmade or vintage that there may be slight variations in finish, although we will always do our best to describe each product as fully as possible.
We do not guarantee that all the items available at the Pretty Dandy web shop are in stock at the time of your order, but we will try to let you know as quickly as possible if they are out of stock and when we anticipate they will be available again.
Price and payment
Though Pretty Dandy strive to always display the correct texts, images and pricing on the site and web shop, errors can occur. If you have been charged the wrong amount when shopping from the web shop, we will give you the option of placing a new order with the correct price or cancelling your order. If we are unable to get in touch with you, your order will be automatically cancelled.
Payment must be made upon the submission of your order. We may withhold the products and/or cancel the contract between us if the price is not received from you in full in cleared funds. Payment for all products must be made by credit/debit card/Paypal.
Prices for products are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect contracts which have come into force.
If you dispute any payment made to us you must contact us immediately and provide full details of your claim. If you submit an unjustified credit card, debit card or other charge-back then you will be liable to pay us, within 7 days following the date of the charge-back:
- (i) an amount equal to the amount of the charge-back;
- (ii) all third party expenses incurred by us in relation to the charge-back (include charges made by our or your bank or payment processor or card issuer); and
- (iii) all our reasonable costs, losses and expenses incurred in recovering the amounts referred to in this paragraph (including without limitation legal fees and debt collection fees).
Without prejudice to our other rights, if you submit an unjustified credit card, debit card or other charge-back, then we may terminate any contracts between you and us under these terms of sale by giving you written notice of termination.
For the avoidance of doubt, if you fail to recognise or fail to remember the source of an entry on your card statement or other financial statement, and make a charge-back as a result, this will constitute an unjustified charge-back.
You warrant to us that:
- (a) you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts, and you have full authority, power and capacity to agree to these terms of sale;
- (b) the information provided in your order is accurate and complete;
- (c) you will be able to accept delivery of the products;
- (d) you are resident in England, Wales or Scotland; and
- (e) you are at least 18 years of age.
We will arrange for the products to be delivered to the address for delivery indicated in your order.
We will use reasonable endeavours to deliver products on or before the date for delivery set out in our order confirmation or, if no date is set out in our order confirmation, within 14 days of the date of our order confirmation for UK customers. However, we cannot guarantee delivery by the relevant date. We do however guarantee that unless there are exceptional circumstances all deliveries of products will be dispatched within 14 days (for UK) of the later of receipt of payment and the date of our order confirmation.
At present we deliver products within England, Scotland & Wales
Risk and ownership
The products will be at your risk from the time of delivery. Ownership of the products will only pass to you upon the later of:
- (a) delivery of the products; and
- (b) receipt by us of full payment of all sums due in respect of the products (including delivery charges).
We will be entitled to recover payment for the products even where ownership has not passed to you.
"Cooling off" period
Under the Distance Selling Regulations, you may cancel a distance contract to purchase a product or products from us at any time within 7 working days after the day you received the relevant products or products (subject to the limitations set out below).
In order to cancel a contract in this way, you must give to us written notice of cancellation.
You will not have any such right insofar as a contract relates to:
- (i) the supply of any products which constitute audio or video recordings or computer software which have been unsealed by you;
- (ii) the supply of products the price of which is dependent upon fluctuations in financial markets which we cannot control;
- (iii) the supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines;
- (iv) the supply of goods made to your specifications or clearly personalised; or
- (v) the supply of goods which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
If you cancel a contract on this basis, you must promptly return the products to us, in the same condition in which you received them.
If you cancel a contract on this basis, you will be refunded in full (including the cost of sending the products to you). However, you will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the product to us.
If you cancel a contract on this basis and you do not return the products to us, we may recover the products and charge you for the costs we incur in doing so. Similarly, if you return the products at our expense, we may pass that expense on to you.
Nothing in these terms of sale affects your statutory rights (including your right to receive a refund in respect of any defective product we sell to you).
If you cancel a contract and are entitled to a refund, we will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of the day we received your valid notice of cancellation. Please see our Returns Policy for further information.
Limitations and exclusions of liability
Nothing in the terms of sale will:
- (a) limit or exclude the liability of a party for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- (b) limit or exclude the liability of a party for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by that party;
- (c) limit or exclude any liability of a party under Section 12, 13, 14 or 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or Part I of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- (d) limit any liability of a party in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- (e) exclude any liability of a party that may not be excluded under applicable law.
Any statutory rights which you have as a consumer, which cannot be excluded or limited, will not be affected by the terms of sale.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in the terms of sale:
- (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and
- (b) govern all liabilities arising under the terms of sale or in relation to the subject matter of the terms of sale, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or series of events beyond our reasonable control.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, such as loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
Contracts under these terms of sale may only be varied by an instrument in writing signed by both you and us. We may revise these terms of sale from time-to-time, but such revisions will not affect the terms of any contracts which we have entered into with you.
If any provision of these terms of sale is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect, and such invalid or unenforceable provisions or portion thereof will be deemed omitted.
No waiver of any provision of these terms of sale, whether by conduct or otherwise, in any one or more instances, will be deemed to be, or be construed as, a further or continuing waiver of that provision or any other provision of these terms of sale.
You may not assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise transfer any of your rights or obligations arising under these terms of sale. Any attempt by you to do so will be null and void. We may assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise transfer any of our rights or obligations arising under these terms of sale, at any time – providing such action does not serve to reduce the guarantees benefiting you under these terms of sale.
Each contract under these terms of sale is made for the benefit of the parties to it and is not intended to benefit, or be enforceable by, any other person. The right of the parties to terminate, rescind, or agree any amendment, variation, waiver or settlement under such contracts is not subject to the consent of any person who is not a party to the relevant contract.
These terms of sale contain the entire agreement and understanding of the parties in relation to the purchase of products from our website, and supersede all previous agreements and understandings between the parties in relation to the purchase of products from our website; and each party acknowledges that no representations not expressly contained in these terms of sale have been made by or on behalf of the other party in relation to the purchase of products from our website.
These terms of sale will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, and the courts of England and Wales will have [non-]exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under or in relation to these terms of sale.
If there’s anything you’re not clear about please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.